It’s been said that a a fine quotation is a diamond in the hand of a wise person and a pebble in the hand of a fool. I’m always on the lookout for powerful quotes that help me focus, think different, and stay sharp. Here are several of my favorites on leadership:
1. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
2. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
3. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “The true mark of a leader is the willingness to stick with a bold course of action — an unconventional business strategy, a unique product-development roadmap, a controversial marketing campaign — even as the rest of the world wonders why you’re not marching in step with the status quo. In other words, real leaders are happy to zig while others zag. They understand that in an era of hyper-competition and non-stop disruption, the only way to stand out from the crowd is to stand for something special.” – Bill Taylor
5. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
6. “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” – John C. Maxwell
7. “Achievement is talent plus preparation” – Malcolm Gladwell
8. “People development should be a daily event, integrated into every aspect of your regular goings-on.” – Jack Welch
9. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
10. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
Did any of these quotes inspire you, or do you have a favorite leadership quote? Leave a comment below and share.